Logging Workgroup Information || |
A log with basic information about a workgroup can be generated
for troubleshooting purposes.
To log the workgroup information to a file:
- Login to the
Workgroup Management System
- Click on the Admin icon in the Button Bar
- Select the option Log Workgroup Information to a file
- Click on the Continue button
- Select a workgroup from the pulldown menu
- Click on the Log Info button
- Retrieve the file from the
pttmp folder in the installation directory.
The path will be displayed at the top of the page after the logging operation
has been completed. By default, the path to retrieve the file will be
where C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ProblemTracker is the installation directory
and workgroup is the name of the workgroup.
The log file (workgroup.txt) will contain the following information about the workgroup.
This log file is mainly used for assisting NetResults Technical Support
in case there is any problem accessing the workgroup.
- Basic database information stored in Workgroup Management System
- Alias information
- Web files/folders
- Permissions on this web files/folders
- IIS web server information
- MTS (Component Services) package information
- Application Pool information (only on Windows 2003)
- IP Address restriction information
- Workgroup database information
- General history information
- Detailed history information