Features and Requirements || |
- Completely web based solution - no proprietary client software is
- Customizable without any consulting required - the workflow and
bug record can be changed completely by a ProblemTracker admin user.
- Flexible user group security model allows defining access to both
operations (Add, Edit, Delete, etc.) and data records.
- Individual user log in and session state ensures security.
- A "Home" page presented after log-in for each user allows
instant access to
records each user has submitted, records assigned to them, and
all functions required to process records.
- Can add, remove, and rename all fields in the bug record.
- Ad hoc query mechanism allows unlimited combinations of any
record field to form queries on the bug database.
- Customizable report layouts can be saved by each user of the
system, or shared with other members of a user group.
- Queries can be saved by each user of the system, or shared
with other members of a user group.
- Unlimited number of attachments of any file type can be made
for each incident record.
- Integrated email can be configured to notify on either a
change of state or assignment.
- Powerful "Task" feature allows users to presented with only
those fields required by the defined workflow when marking their
task complete. ProblemTracker automatically advances
the incident state and reassigns the incident as defined by
the workflow. "Task" allows all members of the team to follow
your development process, without any specific knowledge
of the process as a whole.
- Incident history keeps a audit trail of activities for all
- Can add/remove/edit users of the system.
- Can add/remove/edit values for all fields that have a
set of allowed values. Examples include product, platform,
release number, etc.
- Uses industry standard ODBC database technology.
- Separate Administrator functions are also accessed via a web
interface. No proprietary administrator software is required.
- No extra database software is required.
- Any platform on which either Netscape Navigator (version 3.0 or greater) or
Internet Explorer (version 4.0 or greater) is available.
- Netscape Navigator (version 3.0 or greater) or Microsoft Internet
Explorer (version 4.0 or greater).
- 300 Mhz Intel Pentium II or compatible system (450 Mhz Pentium III or faster
- 64 MB RAM (128 MB recommended)
- 4 GB Hard Drive (ProblemTracker uses up to 30 MB of hard disk space)
- Windows NT 4.0 Workstation or Server, or Windows 2000 Server
(Windows NT 4.0 Server or Windows 2000 Server recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0 or 5.0 (recommended), or
Netscape FastTrack or Enterprise Web Server version 2.0 or greater.
Optional Database Support
In addition to the included support for Microsoft Access,
ProblemTracker can be used with the following database systems
- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and 2000
For Further Information
For further information on NetResults ProblemTracker, please browse
to our web site at www.problemtracker.com.
There you can find the latest product, ordering, and support information.